Cunard and White Star Lines ceased to exist as an independent entities on 10th May 1934, as the companies finally merged. The resulting corporation was owned 62% by Cunard Steamship Co. and 38% by Oceanic Steam Navigation Realisation Co., a new company created to satisfy the claims of the creditors of Oceanic Steam Navigation Co. The combined fleet totalled 25 ships, 15 from Cunard and 10 from White Star. Very quickly most of the White Star fleet were sold or scrapped, ofﬁces closed and sold and employees made redundant. Cunard were determined to be dominant. The new company, Cunard-White Star Line, Ltd. was ofﬁcially registered on 11th May.